Nonprofits Assistance Fund/MAP for Nonprofits is seeking a Marketing Manager to join its team. The ideal candidate will be energetic and detail-oriented with a marketing background, experience in social and digital media, and strong writing and editing skills. This position is full-time and will report to the Special Initiatives Director, but will work collaboratively with other members of the team, including the President/CEO, training, finance, and other program teams.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing integrated communications across platforms, including, but not limited to: new brand and website launch; content creation and maintenance of the NAF/MAP website; social media and email communications; audience identification and segmentation; print communications; MCN/NAF conference promotion; conference displays; new product promotion; client stories; and using marketing data and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing is preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in marketing.
- Minimum three years of experience in marketing with demonstrated success in using varied marketing vehicles, particularly the web and social media.
- Nonprofit experience and passion for working in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience in social and electronic media content development and database usage.
- Knowledge of layout, design, and print production.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Effective project manager with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work both collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, as well as independently.
- Commitment to building strong relationships.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and dependable.
- Sense of humor.
Salary range for the position: $50,000 – $55,000. Candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative programs, with the ability and interest to increase their expertise as needed. Currently NAF/MAP uses WordPress, Word, Excel, InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Salesforce, and social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Candidates must also be able to travel independently around the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota when needed.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by 5 p.m. Tuesday, August 22, 2017, to Glyn Northington, Special Initiatives Director, at email@example.com
Nonprofits Assistance Fund/MAP for Nonprofits
On January 1, 2017, Nonprofits Assistance Fund and MAP for Nonprofits merged to create an organization
that will offer a holistic approach to services that meets a larger set of nonprofits’ needs, including the ability
to more closely link strategy, governance, and finance. The merged organization has a 28 person staff working
collaboratively to support nonprofit clients, develop and deliver excellent programs, and grow a healthy
Mission and Vision:
NAF/MAP’s mission is to fuel the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise, and capital. This mission is in service to a vision of a diverse network of mission-driven nonprofits building a healthy, vibrant, and more just community.
Partnership; Inclusion; Excellence; Trust; Expertise and Insight; and Responsiveness.
Primary goals major programs and services
1. Consulting and Technical Assistance (TA): Helps nonprofits understand their financial and organizational
situation, including board governance, identify tools to address or support those issues, and develop and
implement a plan of action for the near and long-term future. With the merger with MAP, a full range of
consulting is also offered, including strategic and business planning, support for exploration and completion
or mergers and other strategic partnerships, board development, and comprehensive capacity building
2. Training: The training program offers 150 workshops and webinars annually on financial, governance,
leadership, and strategic topics. Many nonprofit managers and leaders do not have formal business or
management education and are seeking practical training that can be applied right away.
3. Lending: NAF is a federally certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) offering loans
to nonprofit organizations in Minnesota and adjacent communities to expand programs and services, bridge
cash flow gaps, and purchase and renovate buildings. The $23 million loan portfolio includes loans to
nonprofits in health care, housing, arts & culture, education, human services, environment, civic and
community development, and social enterprises.
4. Accounting and Finance: Our staff of experienced accountants provides ongoing hands-on accounting,
financial systems review and development, finance oversight, and other financial management support for 150
5. Fiscal Sponsorship: This new program provides a path for emerging nonprofits, social innovators, and
collaborations and other limited time projects to receive financial and management support as they carry out
their mission, explore options and opportunities, and determine their future structure.