Propel Nonprofits Strategic Services Consultant
Propel Nonprofits has a mission to fuel the impact and effectiveness of nonprofits with guidance, expertise, and capital. We envision a diverse network of mission-driven nonprofits building a healthy, vibrant, and more just community.
Propel Nonprofits is the evolution of the recently merged MAP for Nonprofits (MAP) and the Nonprofits Assistance Fund(NAF). MAP and NAF had similar sets of values which we are building on as a combined organization. We believe in nonprofits and the contribution we make to a vibrant and healthy community. We believe in strong partnerships built on shared goals, respect, trust and mutual accountability. We value continuous learning so that we can be responsive and valuable to the organizations we serve. We value excellence and strive to meet the highest quality standards in our work. We strive to be an inclusive organization that advances equity and inclusion in our community.
Strategic Services Consultants fulfill our mission by assessing client needs, recommending a capacity-building approach and delivering consulting services. The range of Strategic Services includes board recruitment and development, strategic thinking and planning, facilitation of strategic alliances/mergers, training, and organizational leadership development – all key to our clients’ abilities to achieve mission driven results and sustainability. Strategic Services Consultants are involved in all steps of the consultative process from establishing relationships to working with clients to evaluation of impact. Given the Propel Nonprofits range of services this often includes collaborating with other team members to offer a set of supports uniquely tailored to our client’s needs.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients
- Assess client needs using a combination of dialogue, active listening and data analysis
- Recommend an approach to meet client needs that may include other team members and/or external partners
- Create proposals to meet client needs that will become a client agreement, outlining goals, process, deliverables, timelines and any fees for consultation
- Deliver consulting services, training and/or engage and lead team to meet client and project needs
- Actively engage in project management, clearly communicating progress and addressing issues or redefining scope as needed
- For fee based projects, ensure accuracy in client billings
- Participate in gathering information on client satisfaction as well as evaluation of impact
- Stay abreast of trends impacting our work and make recommendations for new or updated products, services or training
- Build collaborative relationships within the organization and the community
- Participate in setting and meeting individual, team and organizational goals
- Gather and enter data for program outputs, impact and information management
The preferred candidate will have at least three years experience in at least one area directly relevant to the position: nonprofit governance structures, strategic thinking and planning, and organizational and leadership development. A bachelor’s degree is required and experience consulting is beneficial. This position will require a broad-based knowledge of community resources in the Twin Cities area, excellent communications and organizational skills, interest in emerging issues and research affecting nonprofit organizations, and a commitment to building strong relationships.
The Strategic Services Consultant will have/be:
- Well rounded business professional with knowledge of nonprofit governance structures, strategic thinking and planning, and organizational and leadership development
- Knowledge of nonprofit financial management
- Creative self-starter who can develop, create and deliver meaningful solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with other employees and external partners
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful mediator that can help build consensus
- Proven track record scoping cost effective and sustainable solutions for clients
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective project manager that can keep groups focused on common goals and delivering timeline
- Passion for working in the nonprofit sector
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Able to network with and develop relationships with diverse audiences
Candidates must be proficient with technology and be able to travel independently around the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota.
Propel Nonprofits offers an energetic and entrepreneurial work environment and an opportunity to be an integral part of this growing organization. Propel Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer
Benefits include a generous and comprehensive benefits package – health and dental benefits, retirement benefits, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by October 31, 2017, to Mario Hernandez, Director of Strategic Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.